We know you have questions and concerns regarding the Coronavirus (COVID-19). Our rescheduled July opening assumes that the state of Maryland has moved to Stage 2 in its reopening plan. It will also mean summer camp will look quite different this year. For more information, please read our COVID-19 & Camp FAQ. We are closely monitoring the latest news about the outbreak and following the guidance of the CDC, the Maryland State Department of Health, and the American Camp Association (ACA).
This is a challenging and rewarding opportunity to work with kids in an outdoor Christian camp setting. Camp is perfect for hardworking college-aged individuals looking for a better-than-average summer job or internship to boost their resume with real-life skills. Check out this video shared by Project Real Job at the American Camp Association (ACA) to hear directly from people whose lives were impacted by working at camp.
We know that many students are required to get summer jobs or internships for their program of study. Let us help you to meet internship, credit, and/or service hours requirements! Working at camp offers real-life, hands-on opportunities to develop the skills employers are looking for NOW: complex problem solving, critical thinking, creativity, people management, emotional intelligence, negotiation, judgment and decision making, cognitive flexibility...
- Most positions require staff to have graduated high school by June 2020 or be at least 18 years of age*
- All staff contracts include paid, mandatory Staff Training June 28 - July 3, 2020
- All positions are Sunday through Friday including overnights, with time off most weekends from Friday pm to Sunday am
- Contracts vary in length depending on position, required training, and availability. Dates may begin as early as mid-June and may continue until the end of August
- Compensation starts at $260/week with bonus opportunities, plus room, board, and certifications
- Traditional, Adventure, Aquatics, and Specialty programs
- Inclusive and affirming Christian community
- Read the Summer Staff FAQ for more details and important info for your application!
*2019 SITs who will complete 11th grade or be 16 years of age or older by June 15, 2020 may apply a year early for certain positions. Very limited positions exist for individuals who will complete 10th grade or be 16 years of age or older by June 15, 2020. Contact Megan Sweeney for more information.