2021 Summer Staff applications are now open!
Check out the Summer Staff FAQ to learn about health & safety adaptations that may be in place this summer to reduce COVID-19 risk.
Staff Basics - Quick Facts
WANTED: Young adults looking for a challenging and skills-building opportunity to work with kids in an outdoor Christian camp setting. Camp is perfect for hardworking college-aged individuals looking for a better-than-average summer job or internship to boost their resume with real-life skills.
You probably imagine that a summer camp job is like getting paid to play outside all summer, and that's definitely one part of the job. Working at camp not only offers a unique and rewarding summer experience; it also provides real-life, hands-on opportunities to develop the skills employers are looking for NOW: complex problem solving, critical thinking, creativity, people management, emotional intelligence, negotiation, judgment and decision making, cognitive flexibility... all that, and the knowledge that you are changing the lives of the campers you are serving. What more could you ask for in a summer job or internship?
Working at camp is life-changing. Check out this video shared by Project Real Job at the American Camp Association (ACA) to hear directly from people whose lives were impacted by working at camp.
Read the Summer Staff FAQ for more details and important info for your application!
- Pecometh offers both overnight and day camp programs for campers aged 5-17. Some summer staff positions are assigned full-time responsibility for a cabin of campers (counselors) and some positions facilitate camper programming (adventure, lifeguards, music, arts & crafts). Others perform support tasks like office or facilities work (sales, office, photographer, maintenance). Leadership staff (coordinators, managers) provide staff support and mentoring, program planning/facilitation, and other administrative tasks.
- Pecometh is an inclusive and affirming community - we do not discriminate based on race, gender, sexual identity, national origin or church affiliation. While we don't require staff to identify as Christian, we expect enthusiastic and open-minded participation in all aspects of our Christian community.
- Most positions require staff to have graduated high school by June or be at least 18 years of age.*
- All staff contracts include paid, mandatory staff training. Training requirements vary by position.
- Most contracts are mid-June through early August, Sunday through Friday including overnights, with time off most weekends from Friday pm to Sunday am. Contract dates vary by position.
*Very limited positions may be available for individuals who will complete 10th grade or be 16 years of age or older by June. Contact Megan Sweeney for more information before applying.