- Pecometh's Christian Summer Camps are typically five days in length, beginning on Sunday afternoon and ending after lunch on Fridays.
- Depending on the program, campers stay in rustic cabins or dorm-style facilities, and are supervised by our trained staff 24 hours a day.
- All of our counselors are at least 18 years of age or have graduated from high school and have received professional training, including CPR/First Aid certification.
- There is a nurse on site at all times and the closest major hospital is less than 15 miles away.
- Our dining hall serves up tasty, nutritious meals and campers can have all they want, including fruit and salad bar at lunch and dinner. We are often able to accommodate most dietary restrictions requested in advance.
Who We Are
Camp Pecometh is a Christian Summer Camp program that has run continuously since 1946, serving campers in Maryland, Delaware and beyond for over 70 years! Located on the Chester River just north of Centreville, Maryland, Camp Pecometh offers 21 different overnight programs and threeday camps to fit your camper’s age, ability and interests.
All programs are built around the same core activities: swimming, arts & crafts, music time, waterfront, all-camp activities, Bible Study, vespers, and our signature moment: the Galilean service, an unforgettable waterfront, candlelight service.
Our mission is to provide sanctuary for Christian hospitality and programming that promote God-inspired, life-changing experiences through camp and retreat ministries.
Although related to The United Methodist Church, two-thirds of Pecometh’s campers come from other denominations and non-denominational churches, as well as from families who don’t attend church. A week of camp is filled with faith, fun and fellowship in Christian community, where they make new friends, grow spiritually and gain confidence.
We believe that camp is an invaluable experience for all campers and we strive to welcome as many campers as possible. Our policy is that no camper is turned away due to finances (more information about paying for camp may be found here). We are an inclusive and affirming camp and we do not discriminate based on race, national origin or church affiliation.
If you have any questions about whether or not Camp Pecometh is the right fit for your camper, our staff would love to talk with you.
Campers are supervised 24/7 by our staff. Counselors are at least 18 years of age or high school graduates and all staff have attended a week of professional training prior to camper arrival. Additional certification courses are completed by specialized staff such as lifeguards, boat drivers and challenge course facilitators, and all counselors are CPR/First Aid certified. All staff undergo the same background check required of Maryland public school teachers. We recruit staff locally as well as internationally. Last year, we welcomed staff from Australia, England, Finland, New Zealand, Poland, and Scotland!
We are proud to have been accredited by the American Camp Association for over 30 consecutive years. ACA accreditation is a voluntary process – in addition to our mandatory state licensing – which demonstrates that a camp has made a commitment to the most up-to-date, research-based standards in camp operation. We are committed to a safe, nurturing environment for all of our campers. Read more at their website.