Pecometh Summer/Fall Activities
We are welcoming guests on Tuesdays, Thursdays, and Saturdays through October 10th, from 8:00 am to sunset. Please remember that Pecometh is private property, and registration is required for all guests who are not part of a group reservation or retreat program.
- Fishing on the Pier: Come fish at Pecometh (and help us get rid of invasive snakehead fish). Must bring own fishing gear. Please note: participants 16 and older will need to bring a fishing license. Purchase License Here
- Walking and Relaxing: Walk the roads and trails at Pecometh, or just settle down in a quiet spot for some peace and play. While reception can be spotty in some areas of camp, this could be a good option for students doing remote learning!
- Bring Your Own Canoe/Kayak: Bring your own non-motorized watercraft to launch from Riverside and explore the beautiful scenery of the Chester River. Participants must bring all of their own gear, including PFDs as legally required.
- Bring a Picnic: All food must be consumed at designated picnic areas (Riverside Tent and Grove Picnic Area). Picnic area use must be reserved so that we can ensure that guests are able to appropriately social distance.
Outdoor Yoga and Brunch
Available Saturday, October 10. Join us for a 1-hr session of yoga followed by our famous Riverview Retreat Center brunch. Learn More
Click the button below to begin a registration and see available dates.
Dino-s'mores Trail and Campfire
Date: October 24, 2020 (registration NOT required)
Come get "shipwrecked on Dinosaur Island" in an immersive trail walk for all ages. Designed with just a little spook and a lot of fun, the event will also include time to roast marshmallows over the campfire and enjoy a socially-distanced fall evening at Pecometh. Learn More
Rules and Restrictions
The following rules and restrictions are in place for all visitors at this time:
- Guests must maintain at least 6 feet of distance from other family units.
- Masks must be carried for all participants age 3+ and must be worn when in close proximity with other family units.
- Be courteous of other guests and share popular spaces such as tents, the pier, and the Outdoor Chapel.
- All guests must leave at the end of their registered time frame. Access to Riverside will be closed at the end of each day.
- All children and youth must be supervised at all times by an adult (age 18+).
- Restrooms will be available in Fellowship Hall only; all other buildings are off limits unless otherwise specified.
- Swimming in the river is not permitted.
- Food must be consumed at designated picnic locations (free registration required), and participants are responsible for disposal of all trash.
- Please note: pets, weapons, alcohol and other controlled substances are not permitted. Smoking is prohibited except in designated areas.
- For the safety of all guests and staff, guests unwilling to follow stated rules and policies and/or requests of staff may be asked to leave at any time.
Please note our Cancellation Policies:
Cancellations are best received by responding directly to your confirmation email. If cancelling with less than 24 hrs notice, please call or text the helpline number listed in your confirmation email.
- Guests will receive an account credit or refund for cancellations made more than 24 hrs ahead of a scheduled event.
- Guests will receive an account credit for cancellations received 24 hrs or less before a scheduled event.
- We are unable to offer credits or refunds after the scheduled event begins.
- Pecometh may need to cancel sessions for the health and safety of our guests and staff, typically for inclement weather. Guests will receive a refund or credit for sessions cancelled by Pecometh prior to start time.