Partnering to Support Young People's Ministries
Here are a few details of what the network looks like so far:
- Rev. Megan Shitama Weston is serving as the Minister-in-Residence for the YPMN. She is the point person for young people's ministry in the Conference, as well as the liason to the Conference Council on Youth Ministry (CCYM) and the Conference Council on Young Adult Ministry (CCYAM).
- The Pen-Del Conference has hired Rev. David Burke to serve as the Youth Rally Producer. He is responsible for coordinating the Youth Rally and Youth Rally promotion.
- Carl Samans is serving as the CCYM coordinator. He coordinates all things CCYM as well as CCYM sponsored events like One Day (Mission Day) and the youth track at The Well.
- The YPMN is working to connect with adult youth leaders and develop a network to provide increased support and training.
Training & Support Opportunities
National Youth Worker Convention
Dates: November 15 - 18, 2018
Location: St. Louis, MO
The National Youth Workers Convention (NYWC) has been training, equipping, and encouraging youth workers for more than 45 years as part of Youth Specialties.
This year we were able to take advantage of a special rate of $99 per person. Tickets will be available on a first-come, first-served basis.
All attendees will be responsible for booking their own travel and accommodations, but assistance booking flights and vehicles at NYWC rates is available at the NYWC page.
For planning purposes, here are some estimated costs to consider:
- $99/person for registration
- Around $140/ night for a hotel room (share rooms or even beds to save money)
- Around $300/person round trip for airfare
- Food costs (there will be plenty of cheap places to eat, and Thursday dinner is on YPMN)
Youth Ministry Training
Dates: 2019 Date TBD
Location: Pecometh Riverview Retreat Center