Pecometh team members combine passion, commitment and competence to achieve meaningful results that seek to be faithful to God’s call for what we do. We understand the importance of a balanced life and encourage our staff to exercise self-care for their own physical, emotional and spiritual well-being, as well as to attend to the needs of their families. Working at Pecometh is not a job, it’s a way of life.
The Program Assistant has primary responsibility for an 11-week summer camp program and year-round outdoor programs for retreat guests. Additional duties to assist with Young People's Ministry Network (YPMN) programming are also included.
- Provide on-site supervision to the summer camp leadership team, prepare summer staff training program and oversee program execution for all aspects of the 11-week summer camp program.
- Schedule and supervise outdoor program staff to provide programming for retreat guests.
- Assist with the planning and implementation of YPMN programs. YPMN is a partnership with the Peninsula-Delaware Conference of The United Methodist Church.
Canoe, Lifeguard and First/Aid CPR certifications are required, but may be obtained after employment begins. Challenge Course certification and ACA Basic Camp Director Course completion a plus.
Applicant must be at least age 25 by June 1, 2017 to comply with ACA accreditation standards.
Hours vary by time of year. Summer camp requires 24-hour, on-site supervision (Sunday-Friday). Work hours average 5-10 hours per week the rest of the year. The Program Assistant will have the opportunity to earn additional compensation in other areas of Pecometh's ministry on an as needed basis.
Salary: $15,000-$18,000 annually, plus health care & dental. Pension is available after one year. On-site housing and some meals are provided.
Send resume to Jack Shitama or call (410) 556-6900 x101 for more information.
Contractor: Outside Sales Representative
The Outside Sales Rep will be responsible for increasing Pecometh retreat group occupancy through contact with churches and non-profit organizations.
- Develop an understanding of the retreat needs of church groups and non-profit organizations.
- Build a deep understanding of Pecometh’s retreat facilities and services.
- Research prospective guest groups to generate leads.
- Establish, develop and maintain relationships with prospective guest groups to generate.
- Work with the Director of Programs to provide guest group proposals, as needed.
- Follow-up and close on new and existing leads with prospective guest groups, including new customer call-ins and web-based inquiries.
Skills required include:
- Strong communication skills.
- Computer skills including word processing and ability to use a cloud-based database system.
- Experience using basic CRM tools.
- Experience as a successful sales person a must. Hospitality experience, a plus.
This is a commission-only position. Home/Mobile Office/Telecommuting is a possibility.
The successful candidate can:
- Work a part-time, flexible schedule between 10-20 hours/week.
- Clean sleeping, meeting and common areas with a minimum of supervision.
- Make beds and process laundry.
- Lift up to 25 pounds.
This is a part-time position, without benefits, and pays $10/hour. Interested candidates should contact Rena Tuttle, Housekeeping Supervisor.
The successful candidate has:
A minimum of 6 months food service experience
Can work primarily weekends and occasional weekdays
Part-time, 10 – 20 hours/week
Must be able to follow simple instructions consistently
This is a part-time position, without benefits, and pays $10/hour. Interested candidates should send a resume or listing of job-experience to Chef Chris Shultz, Food Service Manager.
For more information about either opportunity, contact Camp Programs Coordinator Megan Sweeney (ext. 103).
We're looking for licensed RNs to volunteer a for a week to serve our campers in exchange for room, board, and a camp scholarship equal to the cost of a week of camp ($489).
We are also looking for the right candidate to serve in a paid RN position for the duration of the summer (June through August, exact dates negotiable).
Join the Camp Pecometh Summer Staff!
Find out more and apply online on the Summer Staff Page.